The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy, is a great inspiring read. Simple concepts, but something that we all need to reinforce over and over again.
Jon Gordon, uses this business fable to tell the story about an average guy by the name of George. George happens upon a set of circumstances that requires him to have to take the bus to work. Obviously, George is quite angry for he looses his independence and the loss of his car, and has to take the bus to work.
George however is one lucky man for he meets the bus driver, Joy, and gets to learn many lessons about life from her. Jon Gordon takes takes the reader on a wonderful journey weaving in a great story to assist the reader in understanding some of the lessons we need to learn to manage our life for greater joy, happiness and success.
In my interview with Jon we get to explore the The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy.
Those rules are instrumental in leading a life with enthusiasm, and they are:
1. You’re the driver of your bus.
2. Desire, vision and focus move your bus in the right direction.
3. Fuel your ride with positive energy.
4. Invite people on your bus and share your vision for the road ahead.
5. Don’t waste your energy on those who don’t get on your bus.
6. Post a sign that says no energy vampires allowed on your bus.
7. Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energizes them during the ride.
8. Love your passengers.
9. Drive with purpose.
10. Have fun and enjoy the ride.
I highly recommend this wonderful book. The rules are for everyone, and if applied can really change your outlook on life.
If you would like to learn more about Jon Gordon, his workshops, books and seminars please click here.